NDIS psychology, therapy and counselling
NDIS psychology services can support you to manage your mental health and wellbeing.
Our team of highly qualified psychologists have delivered psychology services to people living with disability for the past 20 years, so we know how to listen and create positive change in your life.
We support people of all ages and abilities, from seven years and older.
At atWork Australia, we regularly expand our range of services to allow for a wider number of supports for people in the NDIS community.
With choice of service comes the chance for people living with disability to become the drivers in their own lives, developing your own goals and participating more fully in the community.
We offer services for Australians with an NDIS plan who have funding for therapeutic supports. Our experienced and compassionate team of psychologists can offer you:
- Therapy (general psychology)
- General counselling
- Community Engagement Assistance
How you benefit
Psychology can offer many benefits, including an improved ability for you to relate to family and friends, connect with your local community and enrich your quality of life.
There is strong evidence for the benefits of psychology for a range of participants, including those living with physical, psychosocial, neurological, sensory, cognitive and intellectual disability.
You can benefit in so many ways:
- Someone to listen and give the support you need
- Help with all types of disability including physical and intellectual conditions
- A sense of purpose and direction to achieve your goals
- Guidance with social and community interaction
- Feeling better about yourself through increased confidence
- A sense of calm and improved mood
- Skills to make decisions and increase control in your life
It’s easy to get started with our NDIS psychology, therapy and counselling services
Frequently asked questions
atWork Australia delivers psychology services as therapeutic supports under the following NDIS categories:
- Assistance with daily life
- Improved relationships
- Improved daily living skills
Every person we support is unique, and we tailor our psychology, therapy and counselling to your needs.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced psychologists will work with you to provide therapy, counselling and community engagement assistance. Some of the ways we can help are:
- Offering rapid crisis response at short notice
- Developing skills for managing anxiety, stress, mood disturbance
- Developing a behavioural plan for managing behaviours of concern
- Building coping skills and a behaviour activation plan for navigating the near future
Our psychologists have been delivering professional psychology services in WA for more than 16 years, including in the disability sector. We have a number of convenient locations across NSW and WA, staffed by local people who understand your community. To make access easy for you, we are happy to come to you, providing our service in the comfort of your own home.
Because we have a large team of psychologists, our wait times are low, meaning you will be able to access the support you need sooner.
It’s easy to get started – simply phone our friendly support team on 1300 080 856 to find out more and make an appointment. Or, you can complete on online registration form.
Complete our registration form or call 1300 192 632 to chat to our helpful and friendly support team. We can provide therapeutic supports in a face-to-face therapy session or via our telehealth service.
The aim of therapeutic supports is to reach your individual goals, whether that is to increase your independence, engage more in your community, or improve your health and wellbeing. Together we can work out what supports you need and help you reach your goals.
|Support category name||Support item name||Support item number||Hourly fee|
|Improved daily living skills||Individual counselling||15_043_0128_1_3||$156.16||Senior Employment Advisor|
|Improved daily living skills||Assessment, Recommendation, Therapy and/or training (incl. AT) - Psychology||15_054_0128_1_3||$234.83||Senior Employment Advisor|
|Assistance with daily life||Assessment, Recommendation, Therapy and/or training (incl. AT) - Psychology||01_701_0128_1_3||$234.83|
|Finding and keeping a job||Employment related assessment and counselling||10_011_0128_5_3||$193.99|
The first step is understanding if you are eligible to receive NDIS funding:
- Are you permanently disabled or require early intervention to reduce the support you will need in the future?
- Are you under 65 years old?
- Are you living in Australia?
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you may be eligible for NDIS funding. To apply, contact the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110. Alternatively, you can complete an Access Request Form on the NDIS website: www.ndis.gov.au