Disability and Diversity Awareness Training with atWork Australia
Inclusive employment including those living with disability, injury, health condition or those who need extra support, helps improve workplace culture and promotes a diverse workforce. All people have many contributions to make to workplaces and the wider community, but their capacity to do so can be limited by the perceptions or actions of others.
atWork Australia is pleased to run a free Diversity Webinar Series to enhance awareness and knowledge of disability and inclusion in the workplace.
Our webinars aim to empower employers to build more diverse teams and confidently support employees living with disability, injury, health condition or those who need extra support. It provides workplaces with practical tools and strategies to gain a deeper understanding of how to attract, recruit and support a diverse workforce.
What you will get from the training:
- Enhancing awareness and knowledge of diversity
- Increasing confidence to work with people living with disability, and from all backgrounds
- Challenging attitudes
- Understanding the types of workplace adjustments available
- Gaining practical tools and strategies to make your workplace accessible to all
Why employ someone living with disability, injury, health condition or those who need extra support?
- Bring a wide range of skills, qualifications and talents to the workplace
- Access a broader talent pool and embrace all human potential
- Because the best person for the job may be a person living with disability
- Chances are, you’re already doing it!
Learn more about the topics we cover in our Diversity Webinar Series
Each session will cover one of the following topics:
- Supporting people living with a mental health condition at work.
- Embracing Neurodiversity in the workplace
- Managing a diverse workforce
- How to access the full talent pool (by removing unconscious bias)
- Workplace modifications and how to access funding
The session will go for one hour, hosted by Shaun Pianta. You will hear from experts, as well as an employer partner of atWork Australia. It’s an interactive Q&A session, where you can ask questions along the way and learn how your workplace can become more inclusive and diverse.
Register today and be the first to hear when the next training session will be run, each with a new topic.
Looking for a tailored session for a large group within your organisation? atWork Australia can host one-on-one sessions with your employees at a time that suits you.
“It was great to have so much inspiration and interaction in the Disability Awareness Training. We found the session to be insightful and informative.”
Multi-national tech company