Every year, we help thousands of people with disability, an injury or a health condition find meaningful work.
- Work that reflects your interests and goals
- Work that matches your abilities and skills
- Work that helps you get what you want out of life
When you choose atWork Australia as your Disability Employment Services (DES) provider, we start delivering the services you need straight away. We work together to meet your goals with a truly individual approach, putting your needs front and centre. We are your Job Coach, your advocate and your partner as you find the right job for you.
We are where you need us
atWork Australia offers Disability Employment Services from over 300 locations across Australia, so we’re likely to have a location close to you. You can choose to work with us from anywhere that best suits you. We make sure that signing up with us isn’t a job in itself, and we make things as easy as possible for you throughout your job search journey.
We have great flexibility in how we work together, including the ability to meet virtually, to make your job hunt as simple as possible.
The National Standards for Disability Services underpin the way we work. We hold a current Certificate of Compliance against the standards, which you can see here. We strive to continuously improve so that people with disability are at the centre of planning and service delivery.
We promise to work with you to take into account your individual situation, listen to you, help you focus on your needs and strengths and set employment goals that are best for you.
DES is a practical, friendly and free service. Read about the clients who’ve joined us and successfully found work here.
We provide a holistic service to maximise your strengths, your abilities and make a difference in your life, including:
A dedicated Job Coach
You’ll get your very own Job Coach, there for you from start to finish, providing support to gain a sustainable career
Health and wellbeing coaching
Our own program, Positivum™, proven to make a difference in people’s lives
Access to employers looking for you
From our network of employers who are ready to hire
Access to in-house allied health professionals
Focused on building abilities and matching yours to great employment opportunities, should you need them
Support once you start working
We’ll continue to support you, in a way that best meets your needs through on the job support, post-placement support or ongoing support
Wondering if you’re eligible for Disability Employment Services?
If you meet the requirements below, you may be eligible for Disability Employment Services. Please call us on 1300 080 856 or enquire online today to find out more. You can read more about who can access DES here.
- I live with a disability, injury or health condition (including mental health condition). This can include a medical condition that affects the type of work you do or how long you can do it
- I’m aged between 14 years old and the Age Pension qualifying age
- I’m at or above the minimum working age (check the laws in your state)
- I’m an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or hold a Temporary Protection Visa or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa
- I’m not studying full time (unless I’m an eligible school leaver)
- I’m able to work at least eight hours per week (with support if I need it)
- I’m not currently working at or above my assessed employment capacity