We offer specialised employment support for people over 50 living with disability, injury or health condition.
- We can help you define your transferable skills and abilities
- We can support you with retraining and upskilling opportunities
- We can provide you with tailored health and wellness coaching and mentoring
For mature age workers, getting a job means they can enjoy a self-sufficient and fulfilling life. Here at atWork Australia, we take a personalised and focused approach to help you achieve what you want out of life. There are jobs available and we are here to help you find your new role, at no cost to you.
We are committed to helping you build a better future through sustainable employment
How we can help you
At atWork Australia, we understand that re-entering the workforce or changing careers can be an unnerving prospect, particularly for a mature age worker. We understand the anxieties around being over 50 and looking for work – and that’s where we can help.
Our Disability Employment Services team are ready, willing and able to support people over 50 living with disability, injury or health condition, and connect them with the right job with the right employer.
We are here to help you re-enter the job market, connect you with prospective employers and help you secure meaningful work that can make a real difference to your life. All at no cost to you.
We provide a holistic service to maximise your strengths and abilities and support you to make a real difference in your life:
- You will benefit from the support of a dedicated Job Coach, there for you from start to finish, providing support to gain a sustainable career
- Health and wellbeing coaching via our own program, Positivum™, proven to make a difference in people’s lives
- Access to employers from our network with vacancies ready to be filled
- Continued support once you start working, in a way that best meets your needs, for as long as you need us
- Access to allied health professionals. Our in-house team are focused on building abilities, should you need extra help
Find out more about the process and the simple steps involved in finding work.
Who do we help?
Simply, we support any Australian eligible for Disability Employment Services, who requires support in overcoming barriers to getting a job. You may have found us by yourself, been referred to us by Centrelink or community organisation, or a GP or other medical professional has recommended us. However, you found us – you are welcome!
We provide specialist support to any person living with disability, injury or health condition such as:
- Physical disability
- Mental health conditions – depression, anxiety, bi-polar, schizophrenia
- Intellectual disability
- Diagnosed medical condition
- Learning difficulties
Find out more about the eligibility criteria for Disability Employment Services.
You bring a lifetime of experience and skillset to the workforce
Mature-age employment is defined as employment over the age of 50 years. As a mature age worker, you have a lifetime of skills and experience to offer the workforce.
In addition, you bring reliability, strong work ethic and mentoring skills to the workplace, and this is often favoured by employers, and sought after in their employees.
Through our network of employer partners, we can support you by connecting you with local employers. We can help you find and keep a job that suits you and your needs, and in turn an employer secures great talent in you.
Get the tailored support you need to succeed
When you register with atWork Australia, it’s a practical, friendly and at no cost to you. We are here to help you overcome any potential barriers to finding meaningful work, whether that’s being out of the workforce for a while or recently being made redundant.
We are here with you every step of the way. We will work with you to overcome any anxieties with looking for work and help you become job-ready. Our support includes:
- Job search assistance
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Access to technology – computers
- Training and upskilling
- Interview preparation
- Post placement support once you start work
To find out more about how we can support you become job-ready, read here.
We help people over 50 find good, lasting work
Every year we help thousands of people living with disability, injury or health conditions find meaningful work. We want to help you too.
Here are just a few of the many stories that show there is nothing more powerful than the right person in the right job with the right employer.