A person’s disability doesn’t change their ability to do the right job
atWork Australia is a national Disability Employment Services (DES) provider. DES is funded by the Australian Government to help people living with disability, injury or health condition find and keep a job, and help employers find the right people to keep their business moving.
A distinguishing feature of our Disability Employment Service is its ongoing nature. We source talented people for your business, support you with their onboarding and settling in, and continue to assist you and your new employee in a variety of ways, for as long as we’re needed.
We also work with intense focus on individually tailoring our services. We meet the labour needs of employers by matching your job vacancies with talented, work-ready candidates who are keen to add value to your business. For as long as needed, we continue to meet and adapt to your needs and the needs of your new employee.
The result is a successful and sustained employment outcome, where employers get the right person for the job, with support and training along the way, and candidates find stimulating, lasting work, with training and skills development where needed.
We can help you access substantial wage subsidies
Our services are Government funded and at no cost to you; we can help employers of people living with disability to access generous wage subsidies, and funding for workplace adjustments, such as assistive technology, disability, deaf and mental health awareness training, and Auslan interpreting.
Our services include:
- Professional recruitment advice and job matching
- Pre-screening candidates
- Help with job design for employees living with disability
- In-Work Support for new employees to settle into their job and to encourage a sustainable member of your workforce
- Ongoing support for as long as needed, benefiting employees and employers
- Training information and awareness activities for employers and staff
- Support for employees experiencing difficulties in their role, as a result of living with disability, injury or health condition
Inclusive employment is good for business
People living with disability – one in five Australians – bring skills, talents and abilities to the workplace. They work in all sorts of jobs, hold tertiary and trade qualifications, as well as senior managerial positions. Some are employed in customer service, while others work in manual or technical jobs. The possibilities are endless.
People living with disability can do the job – and do the job well. Employers who hire people living with disability benefit in many ways. They can:
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Boost staff morale and loyalty by helping to create a diverse workforce
- Enhance teamwork
- Help realise cost savings to business through reduced turnover, recruitment and retraining costs
- Contribute to the organisation’s overall diversity
- Enhances the company’s image among its staff, community and customers with positive benefits to the employer’s brand and reputation