Health benefits of work
Employment is a powerful tool. It helps to improve the welfare of individuals, families and communities. Put simply, people are generally better off when they’re working. They can pay their bills, support their loved ones and enjoy a sense of contribution to their community.
Meaningful, or good, work is essential to the wellbeing of nearly everyone. Work that satisfies you and fulfils a purpose also helps you to:
- Learn new skills and gain experience
- Connect with new people and your community
- Have the freedom to manage your life, your way
- Improve your financial situation
We know the value of employment to an individual’s health and wellbeing. We work hard to:
- Promote the awareness of the health benefits of good work
- Support and encourage those attempting to find and keep meaningful work
- Encourage employers to support the occupational health of their workers
- Advocate for continuous improvement in public policy around work and health
Learn new skills and gain experience
Connect with new people and your community
Have the freedom to manage your life, your way
Improve your financial situation
We are a signatory to the Health Benefits of Good Work consensus statement. At the heart of this consensus statement is a shared desire to improve the welfare of individuals, families and communities.
Read more about the science behind work being good for you (PDF Document).
Call us on 1300 080 056 today to speak with one of our employment specialists.