If you are a parent of a child aged under six and planning for future study or employment, atWork Australia is here to help you.
ParentsNext is a free Australian Government program to help eligible parents plan and prepare for employment by the time your children start school. atWork Australia will closely work with you to help set education and employment goals, develop a pathway to achieve your goals and link you to services and activities in the local community.
Finding a job can be a challenge when you’ve been away from the workforce. Support can make all the difference. We help you by giving you a personalised service that caters to your needs and allows you to start preparing for your future opportunities.
Are you eligible?
Parents are able to access the ParentsNext program provided by us if they are receiving a Parenting Payment from Centrelink and meet eligibility criteria, which include:
- Have not had employment earnings during the past six months
- Have a child aged between six months and five years of age
- Reside in Perth South Metro region in the following local Government areas:
- Victoria Park
- West Perth
How do we help you?
ParentsNext participants will get help to:
- Identify education and employment goals
- Set a participation plan with you
- Gain the confidence you need to get into study / workforce
- Identify any skills gaps
- Develop a pathway to achieve your goals
- Access complimentary activities and services in the local community
- Meet on a regular basis
In addition, we can help parents:
- Obtain or increase useful qualifications
- Develop practical job skills and interview techniques
- Identify and address any barriers to employment
- Access child care assistance
You may also be eligible to access a range of other support including a participation fund, wage subsidies and relocation assistance.
How do we do it?
Parents will meet face to face with an atWork Australia ParentsNext Coordinator in our family-friendly office space. You will have access to Wi-Fi, computers and telephone facilities. We will personally help you create a participation plan and complete activities for employment or further education.
Remember – we’re part of your community and will always be available to guide, support and address any of your concerns.
How can you access ParentsNext?
- Centrelink can refer you if you’re eligible
- Eligible parents in the identified Local Government Areas (Perth South Metro region) can also directly register with us.
Register with us!
To register your interest, please contact the atWork Australia Contact Centre on 1300 656 358 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org