Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
Updated 25th March 2020
atWork Australia is monitoring COVID-19 advice from the Australian Government and the Department of Health on a daily basis. Managing everyone’s health and safety is our number one priority and we have a number of active plans and protocols currently in place.
If any of the following applies to you, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR OFFICES. Instead, please call our contact centre on 1300 080 856 to re-schedule your appointment for >14 days.
Please do not visit our offices if:
- You have, or are being tested for, COVID-19; or
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- You have travelled overseas in the past two weeks; or
- You feel unwell and/or have any symptoms of cold or flu (such as sore throat, fever, runny nose, cough)
- You are based in Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia or Queensland and have travelled to this state within the last 14 days
Please be assured that your payments will not be suspended during this time.
If you have any general concerns or questions about attending your appointment, please call our team on 1300 080 856. We are here to help.
- Disability Employment Services – Changes to service. All appointments will be conducted over the phone. Should you wish to still meet face to face, please let your Job Coach know and this can be arranged, provided you answer no to all of the above screening questions. If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 080 856. View our our self-care tips during this time.
- jobactive – Changes to service. Only initial appointments will continue at our offices and only if the above checklist has been satisfied. All other appointments, wherever possible, will be conducted over the phone and your atWork Australia Consultant will call you at your scheduled appointment time.
- NDIS – Changes to service. All appointments will be conducted over the phone.
- ParentsNext – Changes to service. Only initial appointments will continue at our offices and only if the above checklist has been satisfied. All other appointments, wherever possible, will be conducted over the phone and your atWork Australia Consultant will call you at your scheduled appointment time. Group activities have been postponed or moved to over the phone.
- VTEC – Changes to service. Group or workshop activities may be postponed or changed. You will be advised of these changes.
Here are some Government resources you may find helpful:
- Specific information for DES clients
- Specific information for jobactive jobseekers and ParentsNext participants
- General advice and information from the Health Department
- Information for Employers
According to the Centre for Disease Protection and Control, hand washing is still the easiest and most effective way to prevent the spread of germs (including viruses). Please remember to wash your hands regularly, following the World Heath Organisation’s hand washing protocol, or use hand sanitiser when hand washing is not available.
The Australian Government has set up a Coronavirus Health Information Line, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call this number if you have any health concerns or you’re seeking further information – 1800 020 080.
atWork Australia will continue to monitor advice from the Australian Government and update this page accordingly.