You are always welcome
Updated 4th August 2020
Over the past few months, many of our locations have remained open so we can continue to support the people who need us. Where possible, we moved some of our services to online delivery, to reduce the number of people in one place at one time. As our cities and towns start to reopen, we are excited to welcome more people through our doors.
Keeping our customers, clients and team members safe remains our number one priority.
Keeping you safe
atWork Australia is monitoring COVID-19 advice from the Australian Government and the Department of Health on a daily basis. Managing everyone’s health and safety is our number one priority and we have a number of active plans and protocols currently in place.
On-site peace of mind
At each of our locations, we have implemented the following measures:
- Practising physical distancing of 1.5 metres between people
- We operate with maximum people per square metre limits (one person per 4m2 or 2m2 in WA)
- Increased cleaning of surfaces and high-touch areas with alcohol-based wipes
- Hand sanitiser readily available for all visitors and team members
- Our signage supports hygiene, behavioural and social distancing messages
If any of the following applies to you, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR OFFICES. Instead, please call our contact centre on 1300 192 632 to re-schedule your appointment.
- You have, or are being tested for, COVID-19; or
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- You have travelled overseas in the past two weeks; or
- You feel unwell and/or have any symptoms of cold or flu (such as sore throat, fever, runny nose, cough); or
- For all non-Victorian offices – you have travelled from Victoria in the past 14 days; or
- For all Queensland offices – you have travelled from Campbelltown (NSW), Fairfield (NSW) or Liverpool (NSW) in the past 14 days; or
- For all South Australia offices – you have travelled from NSW in the past 14 days; or
- For all Regional Victorian offices – you have travelled from Metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire in the past 14 days; or
- For all Melbourne offices – you reside in Melbourne
Please be assured that your payments will not be suspended during this time.
If you have any general concerns or questions about attending your appointment, please call our team on 1300 192 632. We are here to help.
From 4th August, to adhere to COVID-19 stage 4 restrictions, all Melbourne offices will be temporarily closed. We will continue to provide our services and support via phone or video chat. To speak to one of our team members, please call us on 1300 192 632. If you are attending our offices in regional Victoria, you must wear a mask upon entry to the premises.
- Disability Employment Services – Changes to service. All appointments will be conducted over the phone. Should you wish to still meet face to face, please let your Job Coach know and this can be arranged, provided you answer no to all of the above screening questions. If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 192 632. View our our self-care tips during this time.
- jobactive – Changes to service. Only initial appointments will continue at our offices and only if the above checklist has been satisfied. All other appointments, wherever possible, will be conducted over the phone and your atWork Australia Consultant will call you at your scheduled appointment time.
- NDIS – Changes to service. Appointments can be conducted over the phone or face-to-face.
- ParentsNext – Changes to service. Only initial appointments will continue at our offices and only if the above checklist has been satisfied. All other appointments, wherever possible, will be conducted over the phone and your atWork Australia Consultant will call you at your scheduled appointment time. Group activities have been postponed or moved to over the phone.
- VTEC – Changes to service. Group or workshop activities may be postponed or changed. You will be advised of these changes.
A strong foundation to protect our clients and staff
Here’s what else we are doing:
- We have engaged medical experts to give us specific advice on safeguarding all people in our sphere of influence – customers, our team members, the doctors who work with us and people who visit us
- We have plans and protocols for managing the safety of visitors to our premises, face-to-face appointments, visiting offsite premises, managing the workplace during COVID-19, events and cleaning
- We have a special COVID-19 hotline in place for our people. Delivered by Cogent Thinking, the hotline service triages any potential instances of COVID-19 exposure and provides instant advice to our people
- We monitor advice from the Health, Work Safety and Government authorities, adapting our plans to align with any updates
- Our MedHealth COVID-19 Safety Management Plan is available if you would like to see it. Please get in touch with your usual atWork Australia contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some Government resources you may find helpful:
According to the Centre for Disease Protection and Control, hand washing is still the easiest and most effective way to prevent the spread of germs (including viruses). Please remember to wash your hands regularly, following the World Heath Organisation’s hand washing protocol, or use hand sanitiser when hand washing is not available.
The Australian Government has set up a Coronavirus Health Information Line, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call this number if you have any health concerns or you’re seeking further information – 1800 020 080.
atWork Australia will continue to monitor advice from the Australian Government and update this page accordingly.