Our Disability Awareness Training empower businesses and employers to build a more inclusive and diverse workforce and confidently support their employees with disability.
atWork Australia’s National Diversity Employer Manager Debbie Brooks along with DES Ambassador Shaun Pianta will host an interactive training session followed by Q&A webinar. This training will provide workplaces with support to become disability confident and gain a deeper understanding of how to attract, recruit, support and manage employees with disability.
Topics covered include:
- To enhance awareness and knowledge of disability
- Increasing confidence in working with people with disability
- Preparing for the employment of a person with disability in the workplace
- Challenging attitudes
- Understanding the types of workplace adjustments available
- Gaining practical tools and strategies to ensure your workplace is accessible to all
Why employ someone with disability?
- To bring a wide range of skills, qualifications and talents to the workplace
- To access a broader talent pool and embrace all human potential
- Because the best person for the job may be a person with disability
- Because the chances are, you are already doing it!
What are the next steps?
- Register your interest today. Once you register for an upcoming Disability Awareness Training – Q&A, you will receive an email link to the Disability Awareness training video and worksheet.
- Watch atWork Australia’s Disability Awareness Training video prior to attending the Q&A webinar session (ensure you have the worksheet on hand while watching the video).
- Complete the Disability Awareness Training worksheet. Please take notes and record any questions that you may want to ask in the Q&A webinar session.
- Attend the Q&A webinar session with Debbie Brooks and Shaun Pianta. NOTE: it is a pre-requisite to watch the training video prior to attending the Q&A session.
Register your interest today
Sign up for one of the Q&A webinar registration links below:
- Wednesday, 12th August 2020 11am EST : https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2mmX5rrATCO8xTaO8eFZgw
- Thursday, 27th August 2020 2:30pm EST : https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_B3mUygdOSYGfUf4vzTVl_Q