Work Assist is a free service supporting employees who are experiencing challenges fulfilling the essential requirements of their job and therefore may be at risk of losing their job, as a result of injury, illness or disability. Work Assist also supports employers to retain their workforce, keeping talented and valued team members at work.
If a member of your team is experiencing difficulty performing their expected duties due to their injury, illness or disability, we can help them keep their job and help your business retain your workforce. We can also help with assistance and information to employers and co-workers, to support the employee in their work.
Our Work Assist service can help employers with:
- maintaining employee productivity
- retaining skilled team members
- offering support to employees who may be facing barriers to keeping their job
- creating and maintaining a culture that embraces diversity
To be eligible for Work Assist your employee needs to be:
- employed for at least an average of 8 hours per week for 13 weeks or expected to work an average of 8 hours for the next 13 weeks
- an Australian resident aged between 14 and Age Pension qualifying age
- not receiving any support from a Disability Employment Services provider
- not be studying full-time
Work Assist is funded by the Australian Government and is provided at absolutely no cost to your business. We are here to help you retain and support your workforce. Call us today on 1300 080 856 to find out more.
If you are experiencing challenges fulfilling the essential requirements of your role as a result of injury, illness or disability, we are here to help you keep your job. One of our friendly Job Coaches will have a chat with you to understand your current situation, and how we can help you keep your current role.
We will work closely with you and your employer, always aiming for a positive outcome for you and your employer. We can also help you access health professionals, should you need. It’s a straightforward and simple process, all with the goal of you retaining your employment.
Some of the ways we can help you keep your job include:
- providing support to develop tools and strategies to meet the requirements of the job
- providing advice about re-designing your job should you need to, so that you can keep working
- assessing your workplace for possible changes that could make performing your role easier
- assessing your workplace for any specialised equipment that can help you do your job
You may be eligible for our assistance under Work Assist if you:
- have worked an average of at least 8 hours a week over the last 13 weeks, or are expected to work an average of 8 hours for the next 13 weeks
- are having difficulty fulfilling the essential requirements of your role due to your injury, illness or disability
- aren’t already getting assistance from a Disability Employment Services provider
- provide medical evidence or confirmation of your condition – we can help guide this process
To access our Work Assist support, employees do NOT need to:
- be receiving a payment from the Department of Human Services or Centrelink
- have an Employment Service Assessment completed by the Department of Human Services or Centrelink
Your illness, injury or disability should not jeopardise your job, atWork Australia will work closely with you and your employer to ensure it doesn’t. Call us today on 1300 080 856 today to talk with one of our employment specialists about how we can help you keep your job.
Call us today on 1300 080 856 today to find out more.