Welcome to atWork Australia
We look forward to working with you to help you find good, sustainable work.
Together, we’ll co-design a plan that takes into account your individual situation, focuses on your needs and strengths and sets achievable employment goals.
We offer tailored and flexible support that best meets your needs. We’ll also help you make connections with employers, provide you with job seeking tips and advice and listen to any concerns you may have.
Ahead of your first appointment, we kindly ask you to:
Look out for your letter, email or check your myGov inbox for your appointment date and time. Questions about your first appointment? Call us on 1300 080 856 or chat with us via Alex our virtual assistant or through LiveChat
Wondering how to find us?
Visit our location page, with printable directions to take with you. We look forward to supporting you find the right job with the right employer.
Your journey starts here
Understanding the Points Based Activation System (PBAS)
PBAS provides you with greater ownership of your pathway to employment and promotes personal responsibility. The new PBAS system aims to provide flexibility and choice of how you meet requirements. It encourages you to connect to learning and training opportunities to build your skills, as well as access support services to overcome employment barriers.
How it works
Setting the points target inside your Job Plan
Selecting activities to meet points
Completing activities to meet your points
Achieving and banking your points
Here are some examples of the flexible ways you can meet your monthly points targets. Speak to your Job Coach to learn more about the PBAS system. We have a range of programs and activities tailored for you and your goals, including free Wellness Support.
5 x Job Searches
1 x Job Search = 5 Points
1 x Job Interview
1 Interview = 25 Points
Starting Paid Work
Employment = 50 Points
Health & Wellness
Weekly Wellness Sessions
4 x Sessions = 60 Points
Positivum Health Coaching
Program = 60 Points
*ability to bank 20 points for next month
Jobs Now Work Preparation
Program = 60 PBAS
Work Related Tickets
Short Course = 20 PBAS
First Steps to Success
Attending a job fair = 20 PBAS
4 weeks of full time study = 80 PBAS
4 x Job Search
1 x Job Search = 5 Points
The right fit for employers and clients
We connect people and business, so both can thrive. The atWork Australia team work with people to find employment that is right for them and right for the employer. After all, the right person in the right job means lasting employment and transformed lives and business.
Read our client success stories, you never know, you could be the next good news story.
How we go about getting the right person into the right job
We’re your very own personal employment finding team. We’re here to help you find meaningful work that helps you get what you want out of life.
Here is how we go about getting the right person the right job.
Focus on respect, care and inclusion
Develop tailored plans centred on the needs of every client
Partner with experts to deliver appropriate services that will make a positive impact
Support long-lasting community connections and passionately advocate for our clients’ best interests
Assist clients to take proactive steps toward employment and life goals
Maintain the energy and momentum to help our clients realise their full potential
What to expect at your first appointment?
Your first meeting will be first face-to-face, it’s a great opportunity to meet your Job Coach who will be supporting you on your journey. After the first meeting, we offer the flexibility to meet virtually. It allows you to fit our appointments into your daily life.
Wondering how to find us? Visit our location page, with printable directions to take with you. We look forward to supporting you find the right job with the right employer.
At your first appointment we will talk you through how Workforce Australia works including the new Points Based Activation System – a flexible approach to meeting your mutual obligation requirements. We will also discuss some of the ways we can co-design your journey with atWork Australia and support you to progress toward employment including:
- Wellness Services – Our Wellness Professionals empower you to prioritise your overall health and wellbeing. These one on one free sessions support you to work through different circumstances, and progress toward employment.
- Jobs Now – Our job ready preparation program, providing a space for you to develop skills, experience and knowledge so you can move more quickly towards employment
- Positivum™ – Developed in partnership with Monash University, Positivum helps you build confidence when it comes to your health and work
- First Steps to Success – Bringing the services you need to you such as potential employers, registered training organisations and the transport department
- Jobs for the Mob – Our job preparation program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, providing a space for clients to develop skills, experience and knowledge so they can move more quickly towards employment. You will also meet with potential employers and community supports.
- Working in Australia – A pre-employment program that aims to support Australian refugee clients to build the skills and knowledge needed to start working in Australia
We will also discuss required documents such as:
Extra links to help you
Learn more about mutual obligations
Support using digital platforms including MyGov
- Step by Step instructions on how to report your income
- Print those instructions here
- Our team can help you in person to navigate MyGov – just ask at your appointment
- Reporting your income via the mobile app
Have a question?
If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 080 856 or via Live Chat.
We look forward to supporting you find the right job with the right employer.