atWork Australia has been helping people with disability or disadvantage find and maintain employment since 2003. It’s our passion.
Who are the services for?
Our NDIS employment services are for Australians with an NDIS plan who are unable or unlikely to be eligible for Disability Employment Services (DES), or who may be unable to find work even with DES assistance.
What are the services?
We want to help you reach your employment goals. It may not be right away, but we can help you get there, however long it takes. Just some of the ways we can help you are to:
- Work together to identify your skills and interests and brainstorm career options
- Build your confidence and skills in time management and communication
- Discuss the logistics of working (for example, travel arrangements)
- Connect you with training courses or study
- Build your resume, even if you’ve never worked before
- Find you interesting work experience or volunteer work
- Find you a job that you are ready for and that you want
- Continue to support you once you start work experience or paid work
We have a large network of employers across many different industries who want to employ you.
Frequently asked questions
The process we undertake involves meeting with our client to assess ability and vocational interests to create an individualised plan together. In a series of one to one sessions, we will explore interests and skills, create or enhance the client’s resume, explore transferable skills, look for possible work placements, write cover letters, provide interview coaching, and more.